Friday, July 9, 2010

My flight with celebrity



So, while not what I would usually blog about, it did happen on a flight, which is technically travel so I say it's related!



I'm quite a big rugby fan, supporting both the Brumbies and the Wallabies (while DH being a good South Islander is a Crusaders and All Blacks fan), so I was astounded to find out that one of my usual flights from Sydney to Auckland, also happened to be the flight that the Springbok were on in preparation for the Tri nations kick off this Saturday.



Bryan Habana just so happens to be one of the best players in the world at the moment, and while I didn't get to sit next to him I did happen to get his autograph. The gentleman I had the pleasure of sitting next to was the current Springbok captain John Smit, and while he has a rough reputation on the field, he was a wonderful flying companion (don't know if he felt the same way about me!).



So after all these flights over all these years and I finally get to sit next to a celebrity. If only I could plan a flight so I can sit in between Daniel Carter and Richie McCaw, DH would definitely have to be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment