Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hong Kong and Eastern Europe: The Good, the Bad and (thankfully) no Ugly!

I hope you've enjoyed following our 31 day trip through Hong Kong and parts of Eastern Europe as much as I have posting and reliving the moments. I wanted to post a summary page for those of you who may be interested in what we thought were the highlights of our trip and those which were just ok.

Rebecca
Favourite photo:

This one's a hard one and I know I'll change my mind once I post, but I'll have to go with us on the Danube River outside the Budapest Parliament, we didn't get one of us together so I did have to choose 2!



Highlights:
  • Budapest rocked, I was so glad we went and spent some time there as it was the place where we got the most mixed reviews before hand, in particular the walking tour was a great way to see the city.
  • Sarajevo, I had no idea what to expect from this beautiful city where east meets west, I hope it's wounds heal sooner rather than later.
  • Plitvice Lakes, we were not disappointed by choosing the tour that had this location in their itinerary, just a gorgeous spot.
Would miss next time:
  • Belgrade was just meh for me, it was a old, tired city and didn't really add much to the overall trip.
  • Terror Museum Budapest, the museums and books based during or around that era of Hungary's past taught me more than the museum did.
Recommendation:
  • Don't waste time sitting around the airport in between flights, if you can get out and about, you never know what you might see.
  • If you're short on time join a tour, Intrepid Travel and GAP Adventures are great for small groups where you do not have to spend every waking minute with a group.

DH
Favourite photo:



Us at Mostar

Highlights:
  • Dubrovnik, the old town with it's cobbled streets and the depth of the walls astounded me.
  • Plitvice Lakes, the walk through the picture perfect scenery.
Would miss next time:
  • Nothing, I loved everything!
Recommendation:
  • Never travel without insurance, we haven't had to use it but I don't want to be without it if the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment