Friday, November 2, 2012

MONA, Hobart, Tasmania

I am not a fan of modern art, but this was DH's main drive for coming to Hobart.



We took the first ferry of the morning at 9:30 am, arriving at MONA at 10:00 am.



The MONA gallery has only been open since 2011, and is privately owned. The gallery is actually underground and the architecture seems to have been designed to match the art inside.



We had lunch in the cafe, but the Wine Bar or the Source might have been better locations (the food was ok, but over priced, my perri perri chicken salad, was small and not at all spicy like I would have expected, yet still tasty).



Like I said I'm not a fan of art but it was easy to spend the day there.



We finished by catching the bus directly to the airport at 3:30 pm, they definitely have it all set up well.


No comments:

Post a Comment