Friday, November 9, 2012

Travel by photo

Some of my favourites since the age of digital photography (or more to the point since I embraced digital photography!).

Lord Howe Island, Australia
This is a favourite because it was our outlook for breakfast each day we stayed on Lord Howe Island, but the different shades of green and blue show the diversity of the Island.


Plitvice Lakes, Croatia
This was one of the places DH pushed for us to visit (normally its the other way around) and I like the colour of the water, matched with the rushing water.


Doubtful Sound, NZ
We had been disappointed with our trip the day before on Milford Sound, but I knew it would be a different experience when we hit this lookout on our way down to Doubtful Sound.


Galapagos, Equador
There are so many pictures from our trip to the Galapagos Islands, but this seal, combined with the red vegetation behind it made me think of home.

Bay of Fires Walk, Tasmania
The combination of the white of the lighthouse, the texture of the body of the lighthouse and the ripples caused by the wind in this picture make me remember what became a sunny lunch break.


Mauke, Cook Islands
We spent hours watching waves roll in the day this picture was taken. The blue in the waves and sky are calming for me.

I can remember how I felt when we took this picture, after four days hiking at altitude and a early morning start, seeing Machu Picchu was so much more spectacular than I expected it to be (and than this picture shows).

I don't know what I love about this picture, but we have this one in a few places over the house (including framed in A3 size), I think part of it is the sunlight on the left hand side.

Sunrise at Angkor Wat, Cambodia
A typical shot taken at Angkor Wat, but it's the colours that I love in it.

Where's your favourite picture taken from? What makes it your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. All such stunning photos not to mention all places I've never been but surely hope to get to!

    On a general scale, all of my photos from my trip to Hawaii are favorites simply because the geography and look was so incredibly different from anything I grew up with in the northeastern United States. However, if I had to chose one it would probably be of the "thinking gargoyle" from Notre Dame Cathedral. It's just "so" Paris.

    ReplyDelete