Friday, February 15, 2013

Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

January 2013

Take this as a sign for my travels in 2013, it's going to be a big year.....

098

My brief stop in Hawaii was meant to be a quiet few days of rest and relaxation. But my parents met me there and we ended up with a busy itinerary that meant I got to see a lot of the Island.

Stay
Waikiki Parc, it was in a perfect location at Waikiki, my room had a great ocean view (at night you could hear the sea which I love) and it's meant to have a good pool (but I never got a chance to check it out!).

047

045

Eat
The hotel had a Nobu, but I never got a chance to check it out.
Across the street had a Roys, but we had already booked in Vegas
Shaved ice

069

Eat the street - once a month, I have no photos but the fish tacos were amazing...
Garlic Shrimp Trucks on the North Shore
Real Hawaiian food at Ono Hawaiian Foods - make sure you eat early, they shut at 8 pm

140

Do
Iolani Palace - do one of the guided tours for a glimpse into Hawaii's history as a monarchy

042

Bishop Museum - has a great section on Polynesia in general, but I found the recent Hawaiian history section on level 3 the most interesting
Waimea Valley and the Waimea Valley Falls, there is also lots of native flowers

066

067

Laniakea Beach (Turtle Beach) - unfortunately we there was no turtles the morning we visited, but it's still a nice location

054

Hanauma Bay - looks like a great snorkeling spot for next trip

123

Halona Blowhole - apparently a popular spot for movies

117

Pali Lookout - the weather was horrible when we stopped here, but I imagine if it's not raining it would be a great view

The surf beaches of the North Shore

073

Waikiki Beach

134


No comments:

Post a Comment