Friday, October 18, 2013

Travel by Museum

DH and I are history buffs, a big part of our travel experience is learning about the history of a country, so needless to say most of the museums we have been to are history related but not all....


MONA, Hobart

The Museum of New and Old Art, is the new draw card for tourists in Hobart and worth the trip



Museo Inka, Cusco, Peru

It's beneficial to get a guide to take you through the large Museo Inka in Cusco, having said that we didn't and still got a good view of all the the museum covered.


War Remnants Museum, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Mainly covers the American war, but I visited on both trips to Ho Chi Minh City in 2002 and 2009

Auckland Museum, New Zealand
The Auckland Museum has an impressive section on Maori and Polynesian history.


War Photo Limited, Dubrovnik, Croatia
One of the great ways to learn about history is through photos. There was one in particular taken during the Siege on Sarajevo that is still etched in my mind

Iolani Palace, Hawaii, USA
The only Palace in the USA, the guided tours give a glimpse into Hawaii's history as a monarchy








2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I'm also an ubber museum/history geek and always seek out such places on my travels. I'm sad to say that when I visited Oahu last month, I walked the grounds of Iolani but didn't have time to tour. The Honolulu bus system was that bad (aka so slow). I feel bad that I was that close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On our recent trip to Africa the only place we really got to any sort of museum was South Africa. There's always next time in Oahu!

      Delete