Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Manly Ferry and Papi Chulo, Australia

August 2014


It was a stunning winter night to tick off another item from my Sydney bucket list and catch the ferry to Manly for dinner.

On advice of colleagues I timed it just right to get the sun setting and the spectacular colours this added to the harbour.


Also on advice of colleagues I gave Papi Chulo a go for dinner. Located right on the manly Wharf, it is not only convenient but a great place for people watching.

Lemon juice, aqave syrup and fresh watermelon mocktail served frozen $9

Kingfish cerviche, tostada, pineapple, jalapeno, lettuce hearts and corn $21

Smoked wagyu brisket sandwich - spicy celery pickle, caramelised onions, horseradish mayo, fried egg and soft bun $18


Overall it was a good experience. I loved my mocktail and sandwich, but felt they tried to hard with the kingfish (I have eaten many a good raw fish dishes however). As a lone diner it was a great place, to sit at the communal tables and people watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment